Inquiry into the Government’s Local Projects Local Jobs Program
Estimates and Financial Operations Committee
(1) The Estimates and Financial Operations Committee shall conduct an inquiry into the Government’s Local Projects Local Jobs program.
(2) The Committee is to inquire into the Local Projects Local Jobs program (“the program”) with particular reference to the following —
(a) how each project was developed, evaluated and selected for funding;
(b) how payments were made and acquitted under each project to ensure financial probity and accountability;
(c) how actual or perceived conflicts of interest were declared and managed under each project;
(d) the number of projects funded and for each project the amount of funding provided and number of jobs created;
(e) whether community, education, arts and sporting groups within the State were afforded an equal opportunity to access the program;
(f) whether funding to the program affected the quantum of funds available for grants or other funding sources for community, education, arts and sporting groups within the State and if so in what way; and
(g) any other related matter.
(3) The Committee is to also inquire into the establishment of a Parliamentary Budget Office for the independent costing of election promises and related purposes.
(4) For the purposes of this inquiry only, the Hon Tjorn Sibma is appointed Chair of the Committee and the Hon Alanna Clohesy is appointed Deputy Chair.
(5) The Committee is to report no later than twelve months after the referral.
About your submission
Submissions will normally be made public and placed on the Parliament website by the Committee. You are required to keep your submission confidential until the Committee decides to publicly release it.
You can ask the Committee to keep your submission confidential. Contact the Committee to discuss this before lodging your submission.
Your submission will normally be protected by Parliamentary Privilege.
Lodging your submission
You may email your submission directly to the Committee by accessing the ‘Lodge your submission’ or ‘Email now’ buttons. Alternatively, you may post your submission to the address detailed on the right hand side of this page. Posted submissions should be marked attention to the Committee.
Submissions must be received by the Committee by the closing date for receipt of submissions.