Vacancy Details - Parliament of Western Australia
|Position Title:||Payroll and Human Resources Administrator|
|Level and Salary:||Level 3 $69,896-$75,717 + superannuation + other benefits|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Primary Responsibilities and Additional Information:||Applications are invited for the full time position of Payroll and Human Resources Administrator with the Parliamentary Services Department (PSD). The Human Resources unit is responsible for delivering payroll services, recruitment and selection, training and development, OSH management and policy development to the Parliament of Western Australia. The successful applicant will have the rare opportunity of working across all areas of Human Resources.|
We seek an experienced professional to be part of a small Human Resources team in a unique environment with generous employment conditions.
Key responsibilities will include assisting with the timely and accurate processing of fortnightly payrolls for staff and bi-monthly and monthly payrolls for Members of Parliament. You will also work with the HR team supporting the day to day administration of HR processes and procedures, training, policy, OSH, workers’ compensation and recruitment and selection.
You will need to possess a strong customer service focus in order to provide advice and information on a range of pay and other related issues.
The ideal candidate will need to meet the following selection criteria:
· Completion of year 12.
· 1-2 years’ experience working in a payroll environment performing all functions associated with the production of a payroll.
· 2-3 years’ experience undertaking generalist human resources administration duties, including experience using a payroll/HRIMS.
· Basic understanding of accounting standards and practices including banking processes.
· Competent in the use of contemporary information technology including software such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills.
· Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information and act with discretion.
· Proven ability to understand and apply industrial instruments, legislation, policies and procedures.
· Willingness to support and embrace PSD’s Values.
· Experience with Micropay.
· Experience using a records management system.
· Experience with ConnX (HRIS).
PSD employees enjoy a range of benefits designed to make Parliament a great place to work. These include a pleasant work environment in a great location, free parking, professional development opportunities, and access to flexible working hours, staff canteen, free use of the gymnasium and a generous health and well-being program.
|Details:||A job description and application form can be downloaded below or by contacting Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (08) 9222 7202.|
Applications marked “Confidential – Payroll and Human Resources Administrator” must include an application for employment, a copy of your resume and a brief statement (2 page max.) addressing the selection criteria and be emailed to email@example.com or posted to the Human Resources Manager, Parliament House, Perth WA 6000 by the closing date.
|Contact for Further Information:||For further job related information, please contact Ms Tina Hunter, Human Resources Manager on (08) 9222 7869 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Closing Date and Time:||Tuesday 25 June 2019, 4.00pm|
(Applications received after the Closing Date will NOT be accepted)
| Job Description Form:|
(including Selection Criteria)
|PSD Values.pdfPayroll and Human Resources Administrator JDF.pdf|