Inquiry on Personal Choice and Community Safety
Select Committee on Personal Choice and Community Safety
The Select Committee is to inquire into and report on the economic and social impact of measures introduced in Western Australia to restrict personal choice ‘for the individual’s own good’, with particular reference to —
(1) risk-reduction products such as e-cigarettes, e-liquids and heat-not-burn tobacco products, including any impact on the wellbeing, enjoyment and finances of users and non-users;
(2) outdoor recreation such as cycling and aquatic leisure, including any impact on the wellbeing, enjoyment and finances of users and non-users; and
(3) any other measures introduced to restrict personal choice for individuals as a means of preventing harm to themselves.
The Select Committee is to report by no later than 12 months after the Committee has been established.
By order of the Legislative Council on Wednesday 29 August 2018, membership of the Select Committee on Personal Choice and Community Safety shall be:
- Hon Aaron Stonehouse (Chair)
- Hon Dr Sally Talbot (Deputy Chair)
- Hon Steve Thomas
- Hon Rick Mazza
- Hon Pierre Yang.
About your submission
Submissions will normally be made public and placed on the Parliament website by the Committee. You are required to keep your submission confidential until the Committee decides to publicly release it.
You can ask the Committee to keep your submission confidential. Contact the Committee to discuss this before lodging your submission.
Your submission will normally be protected by Parliamentary Privilege.
Lodging your submission
You can send your submission directly to the Committee by accessing the ‘Lodge your submission’ button. You can email or post your submission to the address in the ‘Contact Details’ box of this page. Posted submissions should be marked attention to the Committee.
Submissions must be received by the closing date for receipt of submissions.
If you require assistance to make your submission please contact committee staff.