|The committee will inquire into what happens after a public officer* is found to have engaged in serious misconduct including:
1. disciplinary and other sanctions imposed by departments, local government, the Western Australia Police Force and other authorities
2. unexplained wealth and criminal benefits proceedings initiated by the Corruption and Crime Commission
3. criminal prosecutions arising from serious misconduct investigations including prosecuting arrangements, challenges and outcomes
4. the roles of the Corruption and Crime Commission, Public Sector Commission, departments, local government, the Western Australia Police Force and other authorities in taking action, oversighting and/or reporting the above outcomes
5. measures to improve the effectiveness, transparency and/or oversight of the above.
* ‘public officer’ includes a public service officer, police officer, member of either House of Parliament, and member, officer or employee of any authority, board, corporation, commission, local government or council of local government.