Inquiry into digital innovation in secondary education
Education and Health Standing Committee
The inquiry will consider:
1. How digital innovation can assist secondary students to learn anything, anywhere, anytime
2. The role of digital technology in addressing secondary student engagement and retention
3. How digital innovation can increase equity of opportunity in secondary education
4. The potential for digital technology to cater to the needs of high performers and at-risk learners in secondary education
5. Challenges to implementation, including provision of digital infrastructure, resources and technical support
Further information about the inquiry
The Committee wants to learn about what types of digital technology/edtech products are currently being used in WA schools, and what could potentially be used. What would be useful in terms of providing learning opportunities that may not otherwise be available?
Can digital technology be used to help to ensure that no students are disadvantaged because of their ability, background, social circumstances or where they live? How can it increase the ongoing study and employment prospects of secondary students?
We would like to hear from principals, teachers, students, parents, those in the edtech and education industries and anyone with expertise in this area or a personal insight into digital innovation in education.
The inquiry is more interested in digital technology used to enhance teaching and learning than technology for school administration and management. This inquiry is not focussing on teacher competency and skills.
More information on how to contribute to the inquiry can be found here.
About your submission
Lodging your submission
You can send your submission directly to the Committee by accessing the ‘Lodge your submission’ button. You can email or post your submission to the address in the ‘Contact Details’ box of this page. Posted submissions should be marked attention to the Committee.
Submissions must be received by the closing date for receipt of submissions.
If you require assistance to make your submission please contact committee staff.