The inquiry will consider:
1. The impact of poor nutrition on children and young people and the extent of the problem in Western Australia.
2. Challenges for children and young people in accessing enough nutritious food.
3. The extent to which food relief:
| a.||is currently accessed by children and young people, including at school and in early childhood education and care settings|
| b.||Is effective.|
4. The extent to which food literacy programs aimed at children and young people and/or their parents/carers:
| a.||Are currently accessed|
| b.||Are effective.|
5. Government-funded school lunch programs.
6. Any other existing or potential initiatives.
7. Western Australia’s obligations and responsibilities to monitor and address food insecurity as an aspect of child wellbeing.
We are particularly keen to hear about the experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and the children of refugees and newly arrived migrants.*
*The Committee will be reaching out to these communities using translated resources and culturally appropriate approaches. We welcome submissions in languages other than English. These will be translated.
You can also make your submission as a video or audio recording. Upload the video or audio file to your chosen file sharing service and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email, please include your first name and surname and contact phone number. If you do not want your submission to be public, please say so and a staff member will contact you to talk about the options.
Further information about the inquiry