Located on the rise to Mount Eliza (Kings Park), Parliament is clearly visible to the Perth CBD and the Mitchell Freeway. Parliament House and the Presiding Officers are actively committed to engaging with the community on issues of public interest.
Community groups may request coloured lighting of the Fountains façade to promote a community initiative or cause. The public will be advised of the lighting of Parliament and the cause it promotes via the Parliament’s website and social media channels.
Parliament will be lit up to commemorate the following significant days and community initiatives:
- International Women’s Day (Purple)
- St Patrick's Day (Green)
- Harmony week (Orange)
- Pink Ribbon Day (Pink)
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day (Pink and Blue)
- Armistice/Remembrance Day (Red)
Other requests are welcomed.
- the cause has significant community interest or benefit
- the cause is apolitical in nature
- advertising regarding the lighting of Parliament in relation to the cause maintains the dignity of the Parliament
- the request is made at least 30 days prior to the date of promotion to avoid scheduling conflicts
Lighting will be approved for a maximum of seven days, depending on availability. Where there are multiple requests for the same time period, a shared arrangement may be determined by the Presiding Officers.
To request the lighting of Parliament, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing the eligibility criteria, the requested dates for the lighting of the Parliamentary Fountains and the colour that best represents the cause.