Our department’s mission is '[t]o provide effective, efficient and professional support to the Legislative Assembly, its committees and individual members and to support parliamentary democracy'.
A number of strategic themes underpin the work of the Legislative Assembly. In brief, these include —
- efficiently managing the operations of the department;
- providing leadership and guidance to staff and members;
- providing assistance to other legislatures (Parliaments);
- providing high-level procedural and other support to members in the house and its committees;
- maintaining effective communication between staff and the executive;
- providing opportunities for staff training and development; and
- effectively maintaining business systems across the chamber, records management and finance and administration practices.
Our success is measured against these strategic directions through annual surveys, client and stakeholder feedback, financial management outcomes and key efficiency indicators.
The following core values are central to the quality of service delivery by our teams —
- Mutual respect—treating all persons with respect and courtesy.
- Integrity—demonstrating high ethical standards.
- Professionalism—exhibiting a high degree of professionalism in all work activities.
- Independence and impartiality—being independent, impartial and nonpartisan at all times.
- Service—delivering high-quality services to the members, the public and others.
At the Legislative Assembly we would value your feedback so we can continually improve our services.