Our mission is to deliver effective, apolitical services to support the operations of Parliament and its stakeholders.
A number of strategic themes underpin the work of the Parliamentary Services Department. In brief, these include:
- Investing in our people—developing leadership, being a good employer and creating resilient, competent and successful staff.
- Managing our assets—strategic asset management, managing our buildings and grounds, safeguarding our key infrastructure and planning for our future needs.
- Managing governance and compliance—procurement aligned with value-for-money policy, compliance with statutory requirements, business continuity and risk management processes, and responsible expenditure of public funds.
- Managing information and engagement—communicating with stakeholders, maximising technology to improve services and maintaining corporate knowledge.
Our success is measured against these strategic directions through annual surveys, client and stakeholder feedback, financial management outcomes and key efficiency indicators.
The following core values are central to the quality of service delivery by our teams:
- Professional—showing respect and professionalism in all aspects of our work.
- Accountable—being honest and trustworthy in our use of funds.
- Transparent—maintaining fairness and consistency.
- Helpful—cooperation among teams and with others while always showing encouragement.
The Parliamentary Services Department values your feedback so that we can continually improve our services.