Functions and powers of the committee
282. (1) A Procedure and Privileges Committee will be appointed at the beginning of each session to —
(a) examine and report on the procedures of the Assembly; and
(b) examine and report on issues of privilege; and
(c) wherever necessary, confer with a similar committee of the Council.
(2) The Procedure and Privileges Committee will have the powers of a select committee.
(3) Membership of the committee will consist of the Speaker and four other members as the Assembly appoints.
(4) Standing Order 278 will apply except that where possible any report of the committee will be presented by the Deputy Speaker.
(5) When consideration of a report from the committee is set down as an order of the day it will be considered using the consideration in detail procedure.