|Terms of Reference:||The Economics and Industry Standing Committee adopted the following terms of reference on 9th March 2009.|
That the Committee inquire into and report on the Provision, Use and Regulation of Caravan Parks (and Camping Grounds) in Western Australia.
In particular, the Committee will investigate the:
(1) Structure, conduct and performance of the caravan park industry;
(2) Demand, supply and costs, and trends thereof, of caravan park sites and related services;
(3) Supply and demand for long-and short-stay sites including camping sites;
(4) Impact of existing legislation, and state and local government policies regulating caravan parks, particularly relating to:
- maintaining a viable caravan park industry,
- protecting the rights of operators and users, and
- providing an adequate mix of long- and short-stay facilities and sites.
The Committee will report on 15th October 2009.