|The Committee met on 12 June 2013 and resolved to initiate an inquiry into custodial arrangements in police lock-ups including:
1. Whether current arrangements fully comply with the recommendations of the Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody and the Optional Protocol to the Convention Against Torture;
2. Access by detainees to medical and legal services and other third parties;
3. Lock-up design, staffing and administration;
4. Training of custodial officers on cultural issues;
5. The appropriateness of oversight mechanisms and procedures for lock-up staff and processes.