|Terms of Reference:||Petitions tabled in the Legislative Council are referred to the Standing Committee on Environment and Public Affairs. The following petition was referred to the Committee on December 18 2001:
"We the undersigned residents of Western Australia, object to the proposal by the Water Corporation to establish a Sewerage Pumping Station on Heseltine Park in Glenleigh Road, Busselton on the following grounds;
We respectfully request the Legislative Council to reject this proposal and support the location of the sewerage pumping station at a more appropriate location in Busselton."
- the site is inappropriate for such a facility,
- the adverse impact on adjoining and nearby residents,
- the park was originally established by the residents of Glenleigh Road and Blue Crescent and is currently maintained by them in conjunction with the Shire of Busselton,
- the park offers a unique natural environment and public open space which is enjoyed by many residents and visitors and forms an integral part of the neighbourhood,
- inadequacy of the process followed by the Water Corporation in the selection of the site, notification of interested stakeholders and consultation with the community.