Vacancy Details - Parliament of Western Australia
|Position Title:||Parliamentary Education Officer|
|Level and Salary:||Level 5 ($89,047 to $97,994 per annum + 10% superannuation)|
|Employment Type:||Contract, Full Time|
|Length of Contract:||12 months|
|Primary Responsibilities and Additional Information:||Applications are sought for a Parliamentary Education Officer for a period of twelve months. The successful applicant will work within the Parliamentary Education Office which delivers Parliamentary education programs on behalf of both Houses of Parliament for the promotion, enhancement, awareness, knowledge and understanding of the history, role and functions of the Parliament of Western Australia.|
The primary duties of the position will include:
· development of curriculum-based parliamentary education programs, resources and tours for primary and secondary Students;
· planning and delivery of professional development seminars for primary and secondary teachers and information sessions and tours for dignitaries, Members of the public and community groups; and
· planning and delivery of programs and events for Government, schools and the community in relation to civics and citizenship and Parliamentary practice and procedure.
· Supervision of the operations and activities of the Parliamentary Education Office.
The Parliament offers generous employment conditions and benefits including opportunities for professional development, free parking, a health and well-being policy including access to a gymnasium, and a staff cafeteria.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following selection criteria:
· Tertiary qualification in education and current working with children clearance.
· Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
· Sound research capacity and demonstrated experience in taking a project from initial brief through to completion.
· Good understanding of relevant Western Australia Curriculum requirements relating to Humanities and Social Sciences, specifically the Civics and Citizenship and History disciplines.
· Minimum 2-3 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory role.
· Demonstrated ability to develop engaging and dynamic curriculum based programs.
· Knowledge of program evaluation.
· Understanding of, and experience with, contemporary information technology.
· Attention to detail and a strong capacity to work under pressure.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
· Knowledge and understanding of the legislative process and parliamentary/political system in Western Australia.
|Details:||A job description and application form are available from the employment page at www.parliament.wa.gov.au or by contacting Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning Sally Morgillo on (08) 9222 7877.|
Applications marked “Confidential – Parliamentary Education Officer” must include an application for employment form, a current resume and a brief statement (no more than three pages) addressing the selection criteria. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to the Human Resources Manager, Parliament House, Perth WA 6000 by the closing date.
|Contact for Further Information:||Please contact Judy Ballantyne, Manager Library, Education and Community Relations on telephone: (08) 9222 7312 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. |
|Closing Date and Time:||Tuesday 28 September 2021, 4.00 pm|
(Applications received after the Closing Date will NOT be accepted)
| Job Description Form:|
(including Selection Criteria)
|Application for Employment.docxPSD Values.pdfJDF - Parliamentary Education Officer L5.pdf|