Vacancy Details - Parliament of Western Australia
|Position Title:||Reception Services Officer, Part-time|
|Level and Salary:||Level 2, $64,172 - $69,256 per annum (pro rata)|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, Part Time|
|Primary Responsibilities and Additional Information:||The Parliamentary Services Department is seeking an experienced Receptionist or Customer Service Officer for the part-time position of Reception Services Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a unique work environment, where you can display your excellent customer service skills while providing a positive experience for all visitors and guests.|
This team is an integral function of the Department providing high quality front line reception services to the three parliamentary departments, Members of Parliament, staff and the many other users of Parliament House facilities such as guests, visiting dignitaries and tourists.
As one of our Reception Services Officers you will be expected to represent the Parliament in a helpful and professional manner greeting and coordinating guests upon their arrival at Parliament House. You will offer a courteous and efficient service to Members and staff provide general information about the Parliament to the public and visiting guests.
This part-time role would ideally suit someone looking to work 4.5 hours a day, either in the morning or afternoon, 5 days a week.
|Details:|| To be considered for this position, you will need to meet the following criteria;|
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar customer service role.
· Understanding of, and experience with, contemporary information technology including Visitor Management Software.
· Experience with co-ordinating groups.
· Experience operating a telephone switchboard.
· Good attention to detail, enthusiasm and a high standard of personal presentation.
· Sound judgement, tact and discretion.
· A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
· Knowledge and understanding of the role of Parliament.
The Parliamentary Services department offers generous employment conditions and a range of benefits such as access to free parking, health and well-being initiatives, uniform, access to a free gymnasium and professional development opportunities.
A job description and application form can be downloaded below.
How to apply
If you are interested in this part-time role, please email us the following documents:
· A completed application for employment form
· A statement addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages). Please demonstrate how you meet each criteria, using examples that support your responses.
· Your Curriculum Vitae that summarises your employment history, qualifications and clearly outlines your skills and experience
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by 4.00pm Wednesday, 6 July 2022.
Please note: you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen with a Special Category visa to apply for this role.
|Contact for Further Information:||For further job-related information please contact Mr Tony Paterson, Security and Reception Services Manager, on (08) 9222 7438 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. |
|Closing Date and Time:||Wednesday 6 July 2022, 4.00pm|
(Applications received after the Closing Date will NOT be accepted)
| Job Description Form:|
(including Selection Criteria)
|Application for Employment Form.docxReception Services Officer JDF May 2022.docxPSD Values.pdf|