Vacancy Details - Parliament of Western Australia
|Position Title:||Operational Support Officer - Financial Systems|
|Level and Salary:||Level 6 $103,966 – 114,590 per annum + super + benefits|
|Employment Type:||Contract, Full Time|
|Length of Contract:||14 months|
|Primary Responsibilities and Additional Information:||The Parliamentary Services Department has an excellent opportunity for a motivated, adaptable, communications focused professional to work as part of a small Finance team. The Finance Services Unit provides accounting, financial and related administrative services to assist the Parliamentary Departments and entities in meeting their operational outcomes and corporate governance responsibilities.|
This exciting full-time 14 month fixed term contract position will play an integral part in creating a communications strategy and assisting with the transition to a fully integrated Financial Management Information System, TechnologyOne CiAnywhere. As well as providing operational support to the transactional team, the role will contribute to business improvements and professional development for the unit including preparation of FMIS training materials and guidelines and developing and reviewing internal policies and procedures.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following selection criteria:
1. Demonstrated experience in FMIS implementation and project management
2. Demonstrated development and delivery of training to users
3. Advanced knowledge of integrated FMIS (TechnologyOne CiAnywhere preferred)
4. Extensive hands-on experience in procurement and transactional accounting processes
5. Knowledge and application of accounting standards, principles and practices
6. Proven ability to provide leadership in a changing environment
7. Demonstrated proficiency in writing and strong attention to detail
8. Experience in the development of resource materials
1. Knowledge of the Financial Management Act 2006 and Treasurer’s Instructions
The Parliamentary Services Department offers generous employment conditions and a range of benefits such as flexible work arrangements, staff cafeteria, gym and access to free parking.
|Details:||A job description and application form can be downloaded below. |
If you are interested in applying please email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
· A completed application for employment form
· A response addressing the selection criteria (no more than 3 pages)
· Your resume (no more than four pages) clearly outlining your skills and experience as relevant to this position
Applications must be received by 4.00pm Tuesday, 21 March 2023.
To be eligible for a position with the Parliament of Western Australia you must have either permanent residency status in Australia, be an Australian Citizen or a New Zealand citizen with a Special Category Visa.
The Parliament of Western Australia values diversity and champions the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce that reflects our community, and to making Parliament an inclusive and supportive workplace, free of discrimination.
We encourage all suitable people of any age, gender, family status or culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply, including First Nations people, people from the LGBTQIA+ community, and people with any form of disability.
|Contact for Further Information:||For further job-related information please contact Ms Elma Ozich, Chief Finance Officer on (08) 9222 7883 or e-mail email@example.com.|
|Closing Date and Time:||Tuesday 21 March 2023, 4.00 pm|
(Applications received after the Closing Date will NOT be accepted)
| Job Description Form:|
(including Selection Criteria)
|JDF - Operational Support Officer - Financial Systems.pdfApplication for Employment.docxPSD Values.pdf|