Vacancy Details - Parliament of Western Australia
|Position Title:||Human Resources Officer and Executive Assistant|
|Level and Salary:||$80,452 - $97,994 (level 4/5) + superannuation|
|Employment Type:||Contract, Part Time|
|Length of Contract:||12 months|
|Primary Responsibilities and Additional Information:||Applications are invited from candidates with sound Human Resources and administrative experience. This is an opportunity to be part of a small team in a dynamic environment with generous employment conditions.|
This position assists the Human Resources unit which is responsible for delivering recruitment and selection, OSH management, policy development, advisory and payroll services to the Parliament of Western Australia. Strict confidentiality of communications and records is paramount.
This position also provides confidential high level support to the Parliamentary Services Executive by undertaking such tasks as preparation of correspondence, meeting co-ordination, database management and record keeping.
The successful candidate must have a strong service focus and proven experience assisting with the development of HR policies and practices and administering recruitment and selection processes. We are looking for a person who has highly developed organisational skills and can quickly develop positive relationships with managers and employees.
The Parliamentary Services department offers employees a range of benefits designed to make Parliament an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. These include a pleasant work environment in a great location, free parking, professional development opportunities, access to flexible working hours, staff cafeteria, free use of our gymnasium and a generous health and well-being program.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Certificate of Human Resource Management, or equivalent experience in a Human Resources related discipline with at least 3 years' experience working as a Human Resources Officer or in a similar capacity.
· Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent administrative and organisational skills with a proven ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and set and meet deadlines.
· Highly competent in the use of contemporary information technology.
· Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information and act with discretion.
· Willingness to support and embrace the Parliamentary Services Department’s Values.
· General understanding of OSH requirements.
· Ability to analyse systems and processes and suggest and implement process improvements.
|Details:||If you have these skills and are a highly motivated individual, we would be interested in receiving your application. |
This 12 month contract position is part-time working on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Applications must include an application for employment form, a current resume and concise statement (maximum two pages) addressing the selection criteria. A job description and application form can be downloaded below or by contacting Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be marked "Application - Confidential" and be emailed to email@example.com, or posted to the Human Resources Manager, Parliament House, Perth WA 6000 by the closing date.
|Contact for Further Information:||For further job related queries or information about the application process please contact Vanessa Burgess, Human Resources, on 9222 7202 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Closing Date and Time:||Thursday 13 May 2021, 4.00 pm|
(Applications received after the Closing Date will NOT be accepted)
| Job Description Form:|
(including Selection Criteria)
|PSD Values.pdfApplication for Employment.docxJDF - Human Resources Officer and Executive Assistant 2021.pdf|