WESTERN ROCK LOBSTER
FISHERY — INDUSTRY LEVY FUNDS
1141. Hon JIM CHOWN to the minister representing the Minister
Approximately $195 000 of rock
lobster industry levy funds are outstanding for payment to the principal
industry body, the Western Rock Lobster Council.
(1) When were the western rock lobster
industry levy funds collected from licence holders?
(2) Has the
Western Rock Lobster Council provided all the required documentation to warrant
payment of the industry levy funds?
(3) Is the Minister for Fisheries required to
authorise the release of funds to the Western Rock Lobster Council with
regard to the industry fund levies collected?
(4) If yes to
(a) on what
date did the department seek authorisation from the minister to release the
funds to the Western Rock Lobster Council;
(b) has the minister given that
(c) if not, why not?
(5) If no to (3), who is responsible for authorising the
release of the aforementioned funds?
(6) When will the outstanding industry levy funds be released
to the Western Rock Lobster Council?
The PRESIDENT: That was not a terribly concise
Hon ALANNAH MacTIERNAN
I thank the member for the question. The following
information has been provided by the Minister for Fisheries.
(1) It was from November 2018 to March 2019.
(2) The Western
Rock Lobster Council has provided audited financial statements for 2018–19.
These statements are currently being reviewed and considered by the Department
of Primary Industries and Regional Development.
(4) (a)–(c) Not applicable.
(5) The funds are administered by the department on behalf of
(6) The matter is currently being considered.