Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Assembly meets on 08/10/2020 (01:00 PM)
Sitting Today (01:00 PM)
The Legislative Council meets on 08/10/2020 (01:15 PM)
Sitting Today (01:15 PM)
Legislation Committee meet on 30/09/2020 (10:15 AM)
Sitting Today (10:15 AM)
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
7 December 2017
Hon Colin Holt
COLLIE FUTURES FUND
Hon COLIN HOLT
to the Minister for Regional Development:
(1) Will the Collie futures fund implement the recommendations of the Collie Economic Development Task Force report?
(2) When will the project commence?
(3) Has a Collie futures fund committee been established; and, if so, who are its members?
(4) How will local stakeholders be consulted?
Hon ALANNAH MacTIERNAN
I thank the member for the question.
(1) The report's recommendations will be considered in the planning for the allocation of the Collie future fund. But I note that the report was produced in the dying days of the last government and it purports to build on the success of the SuperTowns project, so I am not sure how much value it will add to our deliberations.
(2)–(3) Governance arrangements for the fund are being finalised with funding available this financial year.
(4) Local stakeholder engagement will be a core component of the fund governance arrangements. It is anticipated there will be a specific community reference group.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.