Answered on 25 September 2019
|Question Without Notice No. 1098 asked in the Legislative Council on 25 September 2019 by Hon Peter Collier |
Minister responding: Hon Stephen Dawson
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
COCKBURN CENTRAL TRAIN STATION — PARKING BAYS
1098. Hon PETER COLLIER to the minister representing the Minister for Transport:
I refer to the Armadale Road–North Lake Road Bridge project.
(1) Will any parking bays at the Cockburn Central train station be lost during the construction phase of this project; and, if yes, how many?
(2) Will any car bays be lost permanently following the construction of this project; and, if yes, how many?
(3) What plans does the government have to replace the car bays lost at the Cockburn Central train station?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the Leader of the Opposition for some notice of the question.
(1) There will be a reduction in bays during project construction to allow for construction of the reconfigured car park at Cockburn Central train station. Although the number of impacted bays is still to be determined, the Public Transport Authority is working with Main Roads Western Australia to minimise the loss of bays through staging of the project.
(2) No. It is expected that there will be an increase in the number of bays at the station.
(3) Not applicable.