|Question On Notice No. 2830 asked in the Legislative Council on 19 February 2020 by Hon Alison Xamon |
Question Directed to the: Minister for Environment representing the Minister for Corrective Services
Minister responding: Hon F.M. Logan
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
I refer to the Department of Justice Annual Report
2018-19, Customer Feedback, and I ask, of the 4,344 complaints lodged:
(a) what was the nature of these complaints;
(b) how many of these complaints are ongoing;
(c) were any complaints closed and then subsequently
(d) if yes to (c), how many; and
(e) how many of the total number of complaints were resolved, to the satisfaction of the complainant?
Answered on 31 March 2020
(a) Complaints are categorised into 21 categories which contain 116 sub categories. The highest ranking categories (total number and percentage) include:
- Sentence Management – 706 matters– 16.3%
- Communication – 431 matters – 9.9%
- Gratuities and Private Cash – 405 matters – 9.3%
- Visits – 380 matters– 8.7%
- Constructive Activity – 296 matters – 6.8%
- Property – 310 matters – 7.1%
- Offender Incidents and Charges – 240 matters – 5.5%
- Facilities – 239 matters – 5.5%
(b) One (as at 23 March 2020).
(c) The Department’s complaints management system is not configured to report on this.
(d) Not applicable.
(e) The Department’s complaints management system is not configured to report on this.