ROCK LOBSTER FISHERY
1314. Hon JIM CHOWN to the minister representing the Minister
I refer to the west coast rock
lobster managed fishery.
(1) What was the total allowable
commercial catch for 2018?
(2) What is the proposed increase
for the total allowable commercial catch for 2019?
(3) Will any increase, as referred
to in (2), be returned to existing licence holders?
(4) If no to (3), how will the
increased TACC be allocated?
(5) Is the minister intending to
increase licence fees; and, if so, by how much?
ALANNAH MacTIERNAN replied:
I thank the member for the question.
The Minister for Fisheries has provided the following information.
(1) It was 6 300 tonnes.
(2) It is zero.
(3)–(4) Not applicable.
(5) No proposal to increase licence
fees is under consideration.