DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATION —COST
RECOVERY DISCUSSION PAPER
796. Hon JACQUI BOYDELL to the minister representing the
Minister for Water:
I refer to the response to question without notice 753, in which
the government stated it had undertaken consultation prior to 10 May 2018.
(1) Will the minister please list the dates of this
(2) How was the consultation process conducted?
(3) Who was consulted with?
(4) Why was the decision made to undertake further
consultation on 24 July?
Hon ALANNAH MacTIERNAN
I thank the member for the question. The following
information has been provided by the Minister for Water.
(1) The date was 1 March 2018.
(2) A meeting
with the water resources reform reference group was held to discuss options for
water licence and permit fees.
(3) A list of
representative groups in attendance at the water reform resources reference
group meeting on 1 March 2018 is provided for tabling.
[See paper 1790.]
(4) A decision
was made to undertake public consultation on whether water licence and permit
assessment fees should be applied to other water use sectors.