Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Council meets today (10:00 AM)
Watch Council live
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
27 June 2018
Hon Tjorn Sibma
Hon B.S. Wyatt
GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS — ADVERTISING
Hon TJORN SIBMA
to the minister representing the Minister for Finance:
This question was redirected to the minister. I refer to government expenditure on advertising.
(1) What is the value of the tender for government media booking, buying and planning services for advertising—common user agreement MBBP2018—which will take effect from 1 July 2018?
(2) What is the allocated expenditure by government for each year of the contract until 30 June 2021?
(3) To whom was the tender awarded and does the firm or firms have an eastern states headquarters?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) The total contract award value is estimated to be $300 million, including GST, over the potential five-year term of the contract.
(2) Historically, only 55 per cent, or $165 million, of the contract expenditure has been by government. This is expected to reduce in future, consistent with the government's commitment to reduce advertising by $20 million per annum. Information on forecast annual expenditure is not available, as the estimated contract value is based on past use only.
(3) The tender was awarded to Carat Australia Media Services Pty Ltd, which has its headquarters located in Melbourne, with a local office in Perth; and Initiative Media Australia Pty Ltd, which has its Australian headquarters located in Sydney, with a local office in Perth.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.