BANKSIA HILL DETENTION
CENTRE — FEMALE OFFENDERS
257. Hon ALISON XAMON to the minister representing the
Minister for Corrective Services:
I refer to the proposal to move
girls and young women out of Banksia Hill Detention Centre.
(1) Has alternative accommodation
for girls and young women been identified?
(2) If yes to (1), where?
(3) If yes to (1), when will the
girls and young women be relocated?
(4) If no to (1), which options are
(5) If no to (1), when is a decision
expected to be made?
STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for
the question. The Department of Justice advises the following.
(1) Work is continuing on
identifying appropriate alternatives.
(2) Not applicable.
(3) Work is still underway, and as
this a highly complex area, it is not possible to give a time frame.
(4) A variety of
options are being considered; however, a task of this complexity requires a thorough
(5) Not applicable.