Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Assembly meets on 08/10/2020 (01:00 PM)
Sitting Today (01:00 PM)
The Legislative Council meets on 08/10/2020 (01:15 PM)
Sitting Today (01:15 PM)
Legislation Committee meet on 30/09/2020 (10:15 AM)
Sitting Today (10:15 AM)
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
7 December 2017
Hon Martin Aldridge
DEPARTMENT OF REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT — COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTRES —JOHN CURTIN INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC POLICY NETWORK REPORT
Hon MARTIN ALDRIDGE
to the Minister for Regional Development:
I refer to a study into the community resource network commissioned by the Department of Regional Development in July 2015 and the subsequent report produced by John Curtin Institute of Public Policy.
(1) Does the minister intend to make the report publicly available?
(2) When did the minister first know about the report and has she read it?
(3) Is there any anticipated crossover between the data produced in the John Curtin report and the terms of reference in the new CRC network review that has been commissioned by the state government?
(4) At what cost is the new review of the CRC network being undertaken?
Hon ALANNAH MacTIERNAN
I thank the member for the question.
(1) Yes. I table a copy of the report. It does not appear to have been published by the previous government.
[See paper 996.]
(2) I was recently provided with a copy of this report and have been briefed on its key findings. I am advised that the evaluation was commissioned to inform the development of the business case for future funding of the CRC program but was not able to be used for this purpose as it took over 15 months to complete and by the time it was finalised a funding decision had already been made by the previous government.
(3) The report findings will be considered in the context of the current review. But I note that the review did not look at the functions or locations of CRCs. I believe the department was very disappointed in the review, particularly as it provided very little insight into the cost of running a CRC.
(4) Any costs of our future inquiry will be undertaken within the existing departmental budget.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.