Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Assembly meets on 04/12/2020 (02:00 PM)
Assembly sit 04/12/2020
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
27 June 2018
Hon Peter Collier
Hon R. Saffioti
DESIGN WA — STAGE 1 POLICIES
Hon PETER COLLIER
to the minister representing the Minister for Planning:
I refer to the draft Design WA stage 1 policies and the draft ''Design Review Guide'', which were expected to be finalised in early 2018.
(1) Have the policies and the ''Design Review Guide'' been endorsed by the Western Australian Planning Commission; and, if so, on what date were they endorsed?
(2) Has the planning reform team, led by Evan Jones, provided advice to the minister on the stage 1 policies and/or the ''Design Review Guide''?
(3) If yes to (2), on what date was that advice provided to the minister?
(4) If yes to (1), has the minister received the stage 1 policies and the ''Design Review Guide'' for approval; and, if so, on what date were they received in her office?
(5) When does the minister expect to release the final policies and the ''Design Review Guide''?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON
I thank the Leader of the Opposition for some notice of the question.
(2)–(3) The ''Modernising Western Australia's Planning System'' green paper makes a number of proposals related to the state planning framework, of which Design WA is a part.
(5) Work continues on the draft Design WA stage 1 suite, particularly the draft ''Apartment Design'' policy, and has to be approved by the Western Australian Planning Commission before it is released.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.