HYDRAULIC FRACTURING — SCIENTIFIC STUDY
798. Hon RICK MAZZA to the Minister for Environment:
I refer to an article in today's The West
Australian titled ''Frack inquiry finished'', and my
questions of 12 September 2017 and 10 May 2018 regarding that inquiry.
(1) When will the report be made public?
(2) Can the minister now advise the total cost of this
additional scientific inquiry?
(3) If no to (2), why not?
(4) Can the minister advise the number of days that the
inquirers committed to the inquiry?
(5) If no to (4), why not?
(6) Will this government implement further inquiries into
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the
(1) The report
will be made public on the inquiry website once the government has had time to
consider its findings and recommendations and formulate a response.
(2) Yes. The inquiry cost is currently being finalised. It is
estimated to be less than $450 000.
(3) Not applicable.
(4) Yes. The inquirers committed approximately 200 days to
(5) Not applicable.
government will not make any decisions until it has read the report and
considered the findings and recommendations.