Skip to main content
  • The Legislative Assembly meets on 14/02/2023 (01:00 PM)
    Assembly sit 14/02/2023
  • The Legislative Council meets on 14/02/2023 (02:00 PM)
    Council sit 14/02/2023

Parliamentary Questions

Question Without Notice No. 519 asked in the Legislative Council on 14 June 2022 by Hon James Hayward

Parliament: 41 Session: 1

Answered on 14 June 2022


519. Hon JAMES HAYWARD to the Leader of the House representing the Premier:

I refer to the $400 cost-of-living electricity account credit.

(1) Will the government provide the $400 cost-of-living electricity account credit to community members who do not have an electricity account, such as caravan park residents and people who are currently not able to find rental accommodation?

(2) If no to (1), why not?

(3) If yes to (1), how will the payment be made to people without an electricity account?

Hon SUE ELLERY replied:

(1) Yes.

(2) Not applicable.

(3) Residents without a Synergy or Horizon Power account, such as those within a retirement village or caravan park, will be eligible to claim the $400 credit by applying to the Department of Finance from late June. Western Australians in transitional housing are encouraged to contact Synergy or Horizon Power directly after they have opened a new account and after the household electricity credit has commenced. I note the household electricity credit does not commence until 1 July 2022.