ANKETELL–THOMAS ROAD FREIGHT DESIGN
523. Hon NEIL THOMSON to the Leader of the House
representing the Minister for Planning:
refer to program strategy 3 and the Anketell–Thomas Road freight early
concept design recently released by Westport —
(1) How many hectares of Beeliar
Regional Park will be affected by the proposal?
(2) Will there be any impact of
road widening on the Spectacles wetlands?
(3) Has the minister undertaken any
environmental assessments on the Westport plan?
(4) Will traffic modelling be
available to the public?
I thank the honourable member for
some notice of the question.
(1) A concept design was released
to allow for early engagement with landowners. It is not a proposal.
(3) A referral to the Environmental Protection
Authority will follow the finalisation of the design and consideration
of the Westport business case by the state government. The Westport program is
spending $20 million on environmental science and assessments to ensure a high
standard of science-based decision-making.
transport modelling will be undertaken as part of the business case process.