Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Assembly meets on 08/10/2020 (01:00 PM)
Sitting Today (01:00 PM)
The Legislative Council meets on 08/10/2020 (01:15 PM)
Sitting Today (01:15 PM)
Legislation Committee meet on 30/09/2020 (10:15 AM)
Sitting Today (10:15 AM)
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
6 September 2017
Hon Robin Scott
LEONORA AGEING IN PLACE PROJECT
Hon ROBIN SCOTT
to the Minister for Regional Development:
(1) Is the minister aware that the Shire of Leonora in 2016 presented a business case to the Goldfields–Esperance Development Commission for a retirement facility comprising 16 units for elderly couples or elderly singles?
(2) Is the minister aware that the Goldfields–Esperance Development Commission approved the project and committed $9.2 million with a starting date of 1 July 2017?
(3) Does the minister recall having participated in a meeting in Kalgoorlie–Boulder on the subject on 18 May 2017?
(4) Is the minister aware of an email dated 15 June 2017 and authored by the minister's principal policy adviser to the effect that the project is under review?
(5) Will the minister now make the people of Leonora very happy and very grateful by confirming that there is a commitment in the forthcoming budget for the Leonora Ageing in Place project to proceed?
Hon ALANNAH MacTIERNAN
I thank the member for some notice of the question.
(2) The project was one of many aged accommodation projects approved and announced in the dying days of the last government.
(5) The 2017–18 state budget will be announced tomorrow and all the projects that have been able to go forward will be contained in that budget.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.