Answered on 1 November 2017
|Question Without Notice No. 739 asked in the Legislative Council on 1 November 2017 by Hon Nick Goiran |
Minister responding: Hon S.M. Ellery
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING — STAFF — WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECKS
I refer to the minister's answer to question on notice 266 in which she informed the house that two of the 31 records were duplicate entries and that as at 29 August 2017, eight staff had a valid working with children check card.
(1) Does this mean that the minister's answer to question on notice 23(b) was wrong?
739. Hon NICK GOIRAN to the Minister for Education and Training:
(3) If yes to (1), will she apologise to the house?
(4) On what date did the eight staff obtain a valid working with children check card?
(2) If yes to (1), was the correct answer that as at 3 August, 29 staff did not hold a valid working with children check card?
Hon SUE ELLERY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
I am unable to provide the member with the information in the time available today, but rather than ask him to put the question on notice, I undertake to give him the information on 7 November 2017.
(5) Have any of the 18 staff who the minister said did not require a working with children check card until they returned to work returned to work since 29 August 2017?