Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
Legislation Committee meet on 30/09/2020 (10:15 AM)
Sitting Today (10:15 AM)
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
8 November 2017
Hon Tim Clifford
Hon R. Saffioti
8 November 2017
MAIN ROADS — MURDOCH DRIVE CONNECTION PROJECT
Hon TIM CLIFFORD
to the minister representing the Minister for Transport:
I refer to question without notice 397 in which the minister stated that the Murdoch Drive extension has been —
� planned solely to provide access to Murdoch Drive to support the Murdoch Activity Centre and was not intended to be an extension of Roe 7 or provide a replacement to Roe Highway stage 8.
(1) Why does the Murdoch Drive connection project provide access from the Kwinana Freeway southern connection onto Bibra Drive and Hope Road if the intention is to only provide access to the Murdoch Activity Centre?
(2) Can the minister confirm that this project is being built solely on the basis of traffic modelling from 11 years ago?
(3) If no to (2), will the minister make the new traffic modelling publicly available?
yes to (2), will the minister heed community concerns and stop works until new traffic modelling has been conducted?
(5) Will the minister please provide details of hydrology studies and environmental risk assessments that have informed the plans for the Murdoch Drive connection?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(1) The primary objective of the Murdoch Drive connection project is to provide a southern connection from Kwinana Freeway and Roe Highway to the Murdoch Activity Centre. The opportunities and constraints associated with a southern connection to Bibra Drive are still being investigated in consultation with key stakeholders.
(2) No; the project will be built using traffic modelling conducted in 2017.
(3) Yes; the modelling will be made public after completion of the current consultation process with project stakeholders, including local government.
(4) Not applicable.
Hydrology studies were conducted as part of the ''Roe Highway Extension: Public Environmental Review''. The environmental risks and processes designed to manage and alleviate these risks are documented in the review.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.