JUVENILE OFFENDING — TARGET 120
48. Hon JACQUI BOYDELL to the Leader of the House representing
the Minister for Community Services:
I refer to Target 120 which is led
by the minister's department.
(1) In the
interests of transparency, will there be a report on the progress of Target
120; will this report be tabled; and, if yes, when will it be tabled?
(2) Have any ministers written to
the minister regarding target 120?
(3) Was the program subject to a cost-effectiveness
(4) For each year since 2017, how
many families have been compelled to participate in the program?
I thank the honourable member for
some notice of the question.
(1) A progress
report on Target 120 will be completed in the first half of this year, which I have
no objection to making public.
(2) No; however, I have regular
discussions with my cabinet colleagues about progress on Target 120.
(3) The business case for Target
120 contained a cost–benefit analysis.
implementation, 45 families have participated in the program. As at 13 February
2020, 43 families remain active in the program. All young people and their
families who have participated in the program have consented to doing so.