LIBRARIES — INTERLIBRARY
828. Hon SIMON O'BRIEN to the Leader of the House representing the
Minister for Local Government:
I asked this question, I think, on
our last sitting day last week and the minister was not available, so I ask it
(1) What is the total cost to run
and administer the interlibrary loan service?
(2) How many items are moved per
annum via the interlibrary loan service?
(3) What is the average cost per item
of interlibrary loans?
answer was prepared for me to provide to the honourable member after question
time today, but I have it here.
I thank the honourable member for
some notice of the question.
(1) For 2016–17, the approximate
cost to state and local governments was $12 million.
(2) For 2016–17, 154 883
items were supplied on interlibrary loan.
(3) The average cost is $72.