Skip to main content

Parliamentary Questions

Question Without Notice No. 600 asked in the Legislative Council on 13 September 2017 by Hon Nick Goiran

Minister responding: Hon R.H. Cook
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
Answered on

      600. Hon NICK GOIRAN to the parliamentary secretary representing the Minister for Health:
I refer to the Sexual Assault Resource Centre primarily located at the King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women site in Subiaco, with outreach clinics at seven venues across the metropolitan area. What access to quality counselling and support services is available for victims of sexual assault residing in regional or rural Western Australia?
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. I am advised that regional and rural residents in Western Australia have access to the Sexual Assault Resource Centre 24-hour emergency telephone line and can make a free� phone call to 1800 199 888.
For regional-specific services, which include services provided by WA Country Health Service, private providers and non-government organisations, part of the answer is included in a detailed table, which I table.
[See paper 530.]