YOUNG OFFENDERS ACT — REVIEW
1003. Hon CHARLES SMITH to the minister representing the
Minister for Corrective Services:
(1) Can the minister confirm he is reviewing the Young
(2) If yes to (1), what particular sections are to be
(3) What is the government's goal in reviewing these
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
The Department of Justice advises the following.
(1) The minister intends to commence a review of the act.
(2) The review will focus on the entire act.
(3) To ensure that the act is contemporary and fit for