|Question On Notice No. 742 asked in the Legislative Council on 13 March 2018 by Hon Robin Scott |
Question Directed to the: Minister for Environment representing the Minister for Energy
Minister responding: Hon B.S. Wyatt
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
(1) What was the total
capital cost and the date of commencement of operations of
the Emu Downs Wind Farm now operated by the APA Group (formerly the Australian
(2) What contribution, if any, was made by the State Government to
the capital cost of the Emu Downs Wind Farm?
(3) What percentage of the capital cost of the Emu Downs Wind Farm represented wages paid
to Western Australians and what percentage of the capital cost represented
items manufactured in Western Australia?
(4) Does a power purchase agreement between APA Group and Synergy oblige Synergy to buy the whole output of the Emu Downs Wind Farm and at what price per Megawatt/hour?
price per Megawatt/hour does Synergy pay for electricity generated by coal?
the Minister advise the average annual maintenance cost and the anticipated
life of the 48 Vestas Wind Turbines at Emu Downs?
(7) If no to (6), why not?
Answered on 10 April 2018
(1) The Emu Downs Wind Farm was opened in October 2006. It was a joint development between Stanwell Corporation and Griffin Energy. Questions should be directed to the owner of the facility.
(3) The Emu Downs Wind Farm was a joint development between Stanwell Corporation and Griffin Energy. Questions should be directed to the owner of the facility.
(4-5) Terms of power purchase agreements are commercial in confidence.
(7) The Emu Downs Wind Farm is owned and operated by the APA Group.