Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Assembly meets on 08/10/2020 (01:00 PM)
Sitting Today (01:00 PM)
The Legislative Council meets on 13/10/2020 (02:00 PM)
Sitting Today (02:00 PM)
Legislation Committee meet today (10:15 AM)
Sitting Today (10:15 AM)
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
21 March 2018
Hon Robin Scott
21 March 2018
Hon ROBIN SCOTT
to the minister representing the Treasurer:
(1) Is the Treasurer aware of a statement made on Monday, 19 March 2018, by the Victorian Leader of the Opposition, Matthew Guy, MLA, in which he stated, and I quote —
Victoria has been a donor state for far too long. We've been a net contributor to every other state since federation.
(2) Does the Treasurer agree that Victoria is not subsidising Western Australia?
(3) Does the Treasurer agree that the only federal non–Australian Labor Party parliamentarians representing Western Australia who have made an effort to redress the GST rip-off of Western Australia have been Senator Peter Georgiou and Senator Dean Smith?
(4) Does the Treasurer agree that the Victorian Leader of the Opposition is ignorant of the plunder of Western Australia through horizontal fiscal equalisation?
(5) Is the Treasurer aware of any statement by the Western Australian Leader of the Opposition that addresses the ignorance of his Victorian counterpart?
: Minister for Environment, I think parts of those questions might be seeking some opinions, but I will leave it for you to respond.
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON
Thanks, Madam President. I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
(4) The Treasurer does not know the level of understanding the Victorian Leader of the Opposition has in relation to Western Australia's treatment under the horizontal fiscal equalisation system.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.