KARRATHA–TOM PRICE ROAD — SEALING
601. Hon JACQUI BOYDELL to the minister representing the
Minister for Transport:
I refer to the planned sealing of
the Karratha–Tom Price road, with a budget allocation of $310 million.
(1) What design specification will
the road be built to?
(2) Will all categories of heavy
rigid vehicles be able to travel along the entire length of this road?
(3) If no to (2), which sections of
the road will category 2 or 3 road trains be able to access?
(4) If category 2
and 3 road trains are unable to access this road, does the minister accept that
this will limit future state development opportunities in the mining industry?
STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for
some notice of the question.
(1) It will be built to national
(3) Not applicable.
(4) It is expected that heavy vehicle access will be
provided at the completion of the Karratha–Tom Price road