Skip to main content

Parliamentary Questions

Question On Notice No. 302 asked in the Legislative Council on 22 August 2017 by Hon Robin Scott

Question Directed to the: Minister for Environment representing the Minister for Transport
Minister responding: Hon A. MacTiernan
Parliament: 40 Session: 1

(1) What information is the Minister able to provide about the ownership of the land through which the Trans Access Road passes in Western Australia?

(2) Is the Minister able to advise the annual cost of maintaining the Trans Access Road?
(3) What contribution, if any, to the upkeep of the Trans Access Road is made by the Australian Rail and Track Corporation, and to which entity is this contribution paid?
(4) Is the Minister able to provide any information on which organisations or companies or identifiable groups are the principal users of the Trans Access Road?
Answered on 11 October 2017

(1) The Trans Access Road is a service road, owned by Australian Rail and Track Corporation (ARTC), which is located in the rail corridor on freehold land.

(2)-(3) The City of Kalgoorlie Boulder has a lease with ARTC to maintain this road; as such the City would be able to provide the annual maintenance costs.

(4) Telstra, ARTC, and local pastoralists use the Trans Access Road. The road is also used by the Tjuntjuntjarra community as a local access road.