CHILD PROTECTION —
1322. Hon NICK GOIRAN to the Leader of the House representing
the Minister for Child Protection:
I refer to a report published by the
ABC on 5 November 2019 entitled ''Urgent review into Symmie and Sharyn's
fight against WA Government ordered by Minister Simone McGurk''.
(1) On what date was the minister
first informed about this case?
(2) On what date did the minister
order the urgent review of the case?
(3) By what date has the minister
asked for the urgent review to be completed?
I thank the honourable member for
some notice of the question.
(1) Ms Morris first contacted the minister's
office on 23 May 2017 and the matters were resolved satisfactorily. A
second contact was made on 6 August 2019.
(2) The review was ordered on 4 October
(3) The minister
did not specify a time, but asked for the review to be completed as a priority
and as soon as practicable.