Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Assembly meets on 08/10/2020 (01:00 PM)
Sitting Today (01:00 PM)
The Legislative Council meets on 08/10/2020 (01:15 PM)
Sitting Today (01:15 PM)
Legislation Committee meet on 30/09/2020 (10:15 AM)
Sitting Today (10:15 AM)
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
7 December 2017
Hon Jacqui Boydell
Hon R. Saffioti
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT — METRONET — ADVISERS
Hon JACQUI BOYDELL
to the minister representing the Minister for Transport:
(1) Does the minister's office employ a policy adviser or advisers specifically related to Metronet?
(2) If yes to (1), what is the adviser or advisers' official title in the office?
(3) If yes to (1), which government department or agency has the adviser been seconded from?
(4) If yes to (1), what is the policy adviser or advisers' salary classification level?
(5) If yes to (1), is this a permanent or temporary position in the minister's office?
(6) How many full-time equivalents in the Department of Transport and LandCorp have been seconded from their ordinary role to work on Metronet?
(7) Does the minister's office employ a policy adviser or advisers specifically dealing with regional transport matters?
(8) If yes to (7), what is the adviser or advisers' title?
Just before I give the minister the call, I am not too sure which part of the word ''concise'' that question fitted.
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON
(2)–(5) Not applicable.
(6) There were 3.6 full-time equivalents from the Department of Transport. LandCorp is providing assistance to the Metronet office; however, no formal secondments are in place.
No. The minister governs for the whole of the state. For example, the minister was successful in securing more funding for regional roads than what was achieved under the previous Liberal–National government.
(8) Not applicable.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.