Skip to main content
Toggle Button For website navigation bar
The Legislative Assembly meets on 08/10/2020 (01:00 PM)
Sitting Today (01:00 PM)
The Legislative Council meets on 08/10/2020 (01:15 PM)
Sitting Today (01:15 PM)
Legislation Committee meet on 30/09/2020 (10:15 AM)
Sitting Today (10:15 AM)
Search this website
Bills (proposed laws)
WA Acts and Regulations (current Laws)
Parliamentary Questions and Answers
Order of Business
Watch and listen
Scrutiny of finances
Find your MP
Members of the Legislative Council (Upper House)
President and Office Holders
Upper House Seating Plan
Members of the Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Speaker and Office Holders
Lower House Seating Plan
What Members do
Ministers and Shadow Ministers
Find a Former MP
Legislative Council (Upper House)
Legislative Assembly (Lower House)
Find Your MP
Find out what was said in Parliament
Watch and listen
What Parliament does
Make a submission
Contact a member
Vote in an election
Parliamentary Friendship Groups
Former Members Association
Visit and Learn
Plan your visit
Educators and students
Learn how Parliament works
History, house and grounds
Events and exhibitions
Art in Parliament
asked in the
29 March 2018
Hon Alison Xamon
Hon R.H. Cook
29 March 2018
MENTAL HEALTH COMMISSION — TRANS-CULTURAL MENTAL HEALTH UNIT — REVIEW
Hon ALISON XAMON
to the parliamentary secretary representing the Minister for Mental Health
I refer to public consultation undertaken by the mental health sub-networks to inform the development of a model for a trans-cultural mental health unit.
(1) Has a preferred model been presented to the Mental Health Commission for consideration?
(2) If no to (1), what is the expected time frame for a model to be presented?
(3) If yes to (1), does the commission support the proposed model?
(4) If yes to (3), when does the commission expect to commission a business case for the model?
(5) If no to (3), what steps are being taken ahead of finalising a mutually agreeable model?
Hon ALANNA CLOHESY
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. This question was answered on 13 March so the answer is accurate to that date. I am advised of the following information.
(1) Yes. A project proposal entitled ''A model for an effective and sustainable state-wide transcultural mental health service for Western Australia'' was presented to the Mental Health Commission on 6 March 2018 following in-principle endorsement by the mental health network executive advisory group.
(2) Not applicable.
(3)–(5) The Mental Health Commission is in the process of reviewing the project proposal and will progress actions as appropriate in discussion with other members of the executive advisory group.
Using this website
Acknowledgement of Country
The Parliament of Western Australia is honoured to be situated on the ancestral lands of the Whadjuk Noongar people. The Parliament acknowledges the First Australians as the traditional owners of the lands we represent and pays respects to their Elders both past and present.