|Question On Notice No. 1799 asked in the Legislative Council on 28 November 2018 by Hon Robin Scott |
Question Directed to the: Minister for Regional Development representing the Minister for Mines and Petroleum; Commerce and Industrial Relations; Electoral Affairs; Asian Engagement
Minister responding: Hon W.J. Johnston
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
Tabled Paper No: 2423- View tabled paper
(1) In reference to application for mining lease M29/427 made by Menzies Goldfield Limited, I ask the Minister what was the specific date on which a mineralisation report was lodged in support of the mining lease application?
(2) What was the specific date on which a mining proposal/mine closure plan was lodged in support of the mining lease application?
(3) Do the mineralisation report and the mining proposal/mine closure plan comply with guidelines published by the department and with other requirements under Section 74 of the Mining Act 1978?
(4) Will the Minister table copies of the mineralisation report and the mining proposal/mine closure plan lodged in support of application for mining lease M29/427.?
(5) If no to (4), why not?
Answered on 20 February 2019
(1) 2 February 2018
(2) A Mining Proposal did not accompany the application.
(3) The mineralisation report complied with the provisions of the Mining Act 1978.
(4) See tabled paper no.. Please note, there is no Mining Proposal/Mine Closure Plan as the applicant is only required to lodge either a Mineralisation Report or a Mining Proposal – not both.
(5) Not applicable