|Question On Notice No. 2190 asked in the Legislative Council on 5 June 2019 by Hon Robin Scott |
Question Directed to the: Minister for Regional Development representing the Minister for Mines and Petroleum; Industrial Relations
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
(1) Has the Minister read a letter, dated 21 September 2018, titled, "Request for an Audit Statement on the Form 5 Report on operations for the year ending 10 October 2017 affecting M15/736", signed by Compliance Coordinator Titles Compliance Branch, Resource and Environmental Compliance Division from the Department of Mines Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS)?
(2) Can the Minister table a list of the tenement numbers which in the two years to 15 May 2019 which been the subject of a request for an Audit Statement of Form 5 Report on Operations?
(3) What is the detail of the process by which tenements are selected to be the subject of a request for an Audit Statement of Form 5 Report on Operations?
(4) What study or studies have been conducted into the cost to a tenement holder of complying with a request for an Audit Statement of Form 5 Report on Operations?
(5) Will the Minister table such study or studies, and what is the average cost of complying?
(6) What study or studies have recommended that DMIRS instigate requests for Audit Statements on Form 5 Report on Operations rather than allowing any person who believes expenditure has not been incurred on any mining tenement to lodge an application for forfeiture and use the Wardens Court as the appropriate mechanism, and will the Minister table such study or studies?