Skip to main content

Parliamentary Questions

Question Without Notice No. 279 asked in the Legislative Council on 12 April 2018 by Hon Simon O’Brien

Minister responding: Hon S.F. McGurk
Parliament: 40 Session: 1
Answered on 12 April 2018


279. Hon SIMON O'BRIEN to the Leader of the House representing the Minister for Community Services:

(1) What parts of the Department of Communities report to the Minister for Disability Services?

(2) If a member has questions to ask about the Department of Communities' corporate functions, which minister should be asked?

(3) Is it the government's intention that the Disability Services Commission and/or former Department of Community Protection and/or former Department of Housing's corporate functions be subsumed into a consolidated corporate affairs function within the Department of Communities?

(4) If yes to (3), when will these changes occur and how many jobs will be affected?

Hon SAMANTHA ROWE replied:

On behalf of the Leader of the House, I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. This answer has been provided by the Minister for Community Services. The Department of Communities advises the following.

(1) This matter falls within the portfolio responsibility of the Minister for Disability Services and should be referred to him for a response.

(2) The Minister for Community Services should be asked.

(3) Yes.

(4) The Department of Communities will have a consolidated corporate services function in place by 1 July 2018. The corporate services functions will remain the same in the amalgamated department.