HEALTH — CLIMATE
478. Hon ALISON XAMON to the parliamentary secretary
representing the Minister for Health:
I refer to the inquiry into the
impact of climate change on health in WA.
(1) Is the impact on mental health
a part of the remit of this inquiry?
(2) If no to (1), why not?
(3) Have the terms of reference
(4) If yes to (3), please table
(5) Which stakeholders will be
consulted during the inquiry?
ALANNA CLOHESY replied:
I thank the honourable member for
some notice of the question.
(1) The inquiry
will look at the implications of climate change for health and evaluate the
likely benefits—health and wellbeing, social and economic—arising
from climate change mitigation strategies. It will therefore include mental as
well as physical health.
(2) Not applicable.
(4) I table the attached document.
[See paper 2684.]
(5) The inquiry
commenced on 30 April 2019, and the process of stakeholder consultation will be
announced in due course.