FORRESTFIELD–AIRPORT LINK —
192. Hon SIMON O'BRIEN to the minister representing
the Minister for Transport:
I refer to the Forrestfield–Airport
(1) When will construction be
(2) What month and year will train
services be operational?
(3) What is the current estimated
total cost of this project?
(4) Can the
minister confirm her comments in the media on 18 December 2018 that ''there
is no change to the project budget'' have proved to be accurate; and, if
not, what budget adjustment has proved necessary?
(5) What will be the operating
subsidy for the financial years 2020–21, 2021–22 and 2022–23?
STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
thank the honourable member for the question. The following answer has been
provided by the Minister for Transport.
per the relevant media statements, the Forrestfield–Airport Link will
open in the second half of 2021.
(3) The current estimated project
cost is the approved budget of $1.861 billion.
(4) As announced on 18 December
2018, the budget remains unchanged.
services are subsidised by about 70 per cent and it is expected the Forrestfield–Airport
Link will be broadly similar to the rest of our rail network.