STEP-UP, STEP-DOWN MENTAL
HEALTH FACILITY — KARRATHA
48. Hon JACQUI BOYDELL to the parliamentary secretary representing the
Minister for Mental Health:
I refer to the proposed Karratha
step-up, step-down mental health facility.
(1) Can the minister provide an
update on the progress of planning and building this facility?
(2) Has a location for the facility
(3) Is it still estimated that
practical completion will occur in June 2020?
I thank the member for some notice
of the question.
(1) The schematic
design has been developed for the proposed facility. It is anticipated that the
design development phase will be completed by the end of March 2019.
(2) The preferred
location for the facility is lot 502 Gregory Way, Bulgarra, Karratha. The
Mental Health Commission is currently negotiating with the City of Karratha on
the purchase of the site.
(3) It is currently estimated that
practical completion will occur in late 2020.